02/16/2018 - In accordance with the 2015-2018 Collective Bargaining Agreement, career employees represented by the APWU will receive a 25 cent per hour cost-of-living adjustment (COLA), effective March 3. The increase is the result of a rise in the Consumer Price Index (CPI-W). It will appear in paychecks dated March 23, 2018 (Pay Period 06-2018), and will total $520.00 per year.
The COLAs are in addition to general wage increases.
This is the sixth cost-of-living increase under the 2015-2018 contract:
- $0.00 The first COLA would have been effective Sept. 5, 2015
- $0.00 The second COLA would have been effective March 5, 2016.
- $21.00 The third COLA was effective Sept. 3, 2016.
- $333.00 The fourth COLA was effective March 18, 2017.
- $270.00 The fifth COLA increase effective Sept. 2, 2017.
- $520.00 The sixth COLA effective March 3, 2018.
The COLAs received so-far during the 2015-2018 CBA will total $1,144 per year.
Postal Support Employees (PSEs) do not receive cost-of-living increases, but have five general wage increases under the 2015-2018 contract. On Nov. 25, 2017, PSEs received a pay increase of 2.3 percent and will receive a 21-cent raise on May 26, 2018.
Updated pay scales are available.